We offer classes every day upon request. Our class is limited to 12 guests to ensure that all participants get personal attention in the class. Minimum group size of our class is 2 people. The price is RMB 180 per person all-inclusive (around USD $28). Please register at least one day before you want to attend. Private classes are available. We can also arrange a tailor-made cooking program for bigger tour groups. Please contact us for further information. All the classes are hands-on and taught in English.
We are offering morning and evening classes:
The morning class starts at 10 am and takes around 5 hours.
The evening class starts at 4 pm and takes around 4 hours.
Choose your preferred course amongst these 3 options:
What’s in the package
- Local market tour (only in the morning): Our day starts with visiting the local market to buy the fresh ingredients. You’ll get a feel for real Chinese culture as you experience its rich colors, unique flavors and smells, and learn about all the different kinds of local vegetables, mushrooms, fruits and snacks.
- Chinese cooking basics: Then we go back to our kitchen, which is set up on an open-roof terrace with a beautiful mountain view in the heart of Dali old town. Our teacher will first give you a brief introduction of the basics of Chinese cooking: the regional differences of Chinese cuisine, basic condiments, sauces and spices, food-related Chinese culture,etc.
- Hands-on cooking session: We have designed three different set menus for our guests to choose from. The set menus can also be tailored to your preferences, to cater to both meat-eaters and vegetarians. You’ll learn to cook complete dishes from scratch, with traditional utensils and techniques. All-prep work and cooking are hands-on experiences in a relaxing and social atmosphere, performed entirely by our guests.
- Enjoy the fruits of our labor: With a big sense of achievement, we then sit together to enjoy our meal. “Eat slowly!” (the Chinese way to say “bon appétit”)
- Recipe booklet: At the end of the class, you will get a booklet that contains the recipes for all the dishes we cooked together as well as a guide to all the ingredients you need to cook these dishes back home.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth cooking experience, checkout our new Culinary Adventure.